Better input detection for multiple controllers.

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Solace

Better input detection for multiple controllers.

Post by Solace »

Would it be possible to code in, say a simple dropdown menu and select manually what usb port you wanted to use for controller X? instead of just having two different brands. I recently bought 2 Logitech controllers one being rumble pad and the other jsut normal thinking they would work for zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) and apparently they dont. A simpel feature to just tell zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) to look on X usb port usally 1 thorugh 10 in most cases would solve this issue.
Palin
Hazed

Post by Palin »

Uh, I don't do game coding, but I'm assuming that ZSNES doesn't know or care what USB port your controller is plugged into. All it knows is that there's a list of device references handed to it by whatever input layer your operating system uses.

For example, if you're using Windows, ZSNES would not determine that you have a joystick plugged into USB host 2830. Rather, ZSNES would initialize DirectInput and Windows will hand it a list of device references for each controller.

Maybe someone more informed can come along and flag my post for FLAGRANT MISINFORMATION
declan
Lurker

Post by declan »

Solace wrote:(btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)
??????????

Any way, as Palin said, and certainly with the conrollers i've used, ZSNES 1.51 automaticaly dectects the presents of the controller, you don't need to tell which usb port is used, you just select an input to configure and press the button, you see fit, on your controller.

or....

Are you sugesting, a code that will let simply pick which port to use, then ZSNES 1.51 will automaticaly activate and configure the controller? In which case, you'd be best to talk to one of the ZSNES devs.

EDIT:
Welcome to the ZSNES board Solace!!!
Hardware means nothing if you don't have good software.
Compare the success of SNES over Genisis
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

declan wrote:
Solace wrote:(btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)
??????????
Filter for "zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)".
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

declan wrote:Welcome to the ZSNES board Solace!!!
Ha, the irony.
Palin wrote:stuff
FLAGRANT INFORMATION actually.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54