"Disabling messages" option request

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jazz

"Disabling messages" option request

Post by Jazz »

Yup, just as in Subject, any possibility for this option?

There's 'Use Small Font for Messages' and 'Transparent Messages' but it would be quite useful if we could disable them totally.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

That's not entirely wise, not that it isn't possible. Those messages come up when you save/load a savestates and/or toggle layers and other such options.

In sum, it's not a good idea since such messages (particularly error messages) are needed to inform the user.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Hah, I understand that. I've been using (and loving) ZSNES for about 10 years, that's why I just don't need them, and actually don't like them (you know, "system messages"). Sorry for troubling You and thanks for all your fantastic work! :]
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Just for argument's sake, could this be added as a config-file only option with a nice big warning recommending against it? That way, it's only likely to be found by advanced users anyway.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Jazz

Re: "Disabling messages" option request

Post by Jazz »

First of all - look at the posts above, topic is over 2 years old, but I just want to ask (maybe something changed since then) - still no chances for option "Disabling messages" in any way (odditude's post)?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Jazz wrote:First of all - look at the posts above, topic is over 2 years old, but I just want to ask (maybe something changed since then) - still no chances for option "Disabling messages" in any way (odditude's post)?
It'll probably happen in the next release of ZSNES. don't ask when it's out; it's out when it's out and no sooner.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

adventure_of_link wrote:It'll probably happen in the next release of ZSNES.
uhhh no

there's something called a list

it's sorted by priority

not by "all will be done at next release"
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54