Sorry, but Unable to Save

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MindCaged

Sorry, but Unable to Save

Post by MindCaged »

Okay, I tried to use ZSNES for the first time on this computer(It's been a couple years) and I had a problem, it wouldn't let me save states, I looked it up and thought I knew the problem but the given solution of using ATTRIB didn't work. I was going crazy, then I made a new folder and I figured out that it /really/ doesn't like the _ in the path to save states, it works with everything else just fine that I've seen, but it just doesn't like underscores I guess.

BTW, the path I was originally trying to use was:
c:\programs\_emu\_games\SNES\

I thought that since there weren't any spaces it'd work, but I guess not. I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug. I've never seen a program that had a problem with it before. Spaces sure, but not really underscores.

So now I have to have a special folder just for snes saves.
MindCaged

Re: Sorry, but Unable to Save

Post by MindCaged »

Okay, now I don't know if it's messing with me or not, if I somehow entered the path wrong or if it behaves differently when you leave the save path blank, but I cleared the save path and now it's storing the save files with the roms no problem even though it has underscores in the path. So I really don't know what the problem was, it's really frustrating since I just got done clearing the save files /out/ of those folders. Sigh.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Hmm, so the only thing I can think of is that you typed /snes instead of /SNES.

Now this usually wouldn’t be a problem because windows isn’t case-sensitive with file names.

Except if you happen to be accessing files from a NTFS formatted hard drive.

NTFS filesystems are case-sensitive. Windows is supposed to ignore this and treat everything as case-insensitive, but some funky results have been know to occur when dealing with NTFS filesystems and upper/lower case file names.

Also, you don’t happen to have a snes and SNES folder in the same place? That can really lead to not good times.

So yeah, I’d check and see if your hard drive is formatted to NTFS.
MindCaged

Post by MindCaged »

Hmm, I'll have to check, I thought I copied and pasted the path, but that might've been something else. And no, I don't have two folders with different cases and the same name. I'm not even sure if windows would normally allow that to even happen. I could play around with it I guess, although it is working right now with the path left blank and being saved with the roms. Which is a little more organized anyway I suppose.