Super Mario RPG saves

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jordan06pr

Super Mario RPG saves

Post by Jordan06pr »

I am having problems with my Super Mario RPG saved file. I have updated to the latest version of ZSNES, I scanned my rom with NSRT Frontend and it is working correctly, Also my checksum is good.

My CRC32: 1B8A0625

My game froze as I finished the fight with the second boss of the sunken ghost ship, and since then it appears that my file was deleted at the load screen when i run the game, when in fact the .srm file is still in my folder.

Oh and did I miss any requirements for a bug report?
Jordan06pr

Post by Jordan06pr »

I see this is a SA-1 game so I'm going to try version 1.42 or before...

Update: Never mind it didn't work
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Zsnes handles SA-1 games rather horribly; I'd use Snes9x 1.52 since as of right now, it's one of the better SNES emulators.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

zsnes 1.36 is best, I played through it all without a single freeze and beat all optional quests as well.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Jordan06pr

Post by Jordan06pr »

Well i have those so I'll use them but is there anyway to recover my save? I still have the .srm file
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Yes. *.srm files are compatable between emulators, regardless if it's ZSNES to Snes9X, Wii version of Snes9X to bsnes, or bsnes to OSX version of ZSNES, etc etc etc.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Jordan06pr

Post by Jordan06pr »

Well that's good but the .srm file is not being recognized by the emulator or rom, I'm not sure what the problem is. I run the game and it just shows 4 empty save slots...
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

search for a second copy of the file in another location. alternatively, your .srm might have been corrupted when the game crashed.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Jordan06pr

Post by Jordan06pr »

I have a feeling that's what happened, so can I un-corrupt the file? Or should i start over in the game and if I do how would i go about making sure i have a backup for the save file?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Jordan06pr wrote:how would i go about making sure i have a backup for the save file?
make a copy of the file and rename it. lather, rinse, repeat as paranoia demands.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Jordan06pr

Post by Jordan06pr »

K thank you, I guess that would be the simplest way, I'll post an update if I have any more trouble