Gamepad GUI problems

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

supernintendosp

Gamepad GUI problems

Post by supernintendosp »

I use my gamepad (a Playstation2 controller) in order to play games and navigate the GUI. However, after I click the Load "Misc. Key" (on me, L1) and press X (equivalent of B or Esc) I can no longer use my gamepad in order to navigate the GUI! Maybe an ability to hit the down button to open the quick menu will match well with the down arrow, and simplify using ZSNES.

Thanks kindly for letting us help you improve ZSNES!
supernintendosp
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Gamepad GUI problems

Post by odditude »

supernintendosp wrote:I use my gamepad (a Playstation2 controller) in order to play games and navigate the GUI. However, after I click the Load "Misc. Key" (on me, L1) and press X (equivalent of B or Esc) I can no longer use my gamepad in order to navigate the GUI! Maybe an ability to hit the down button to open the quick menu will match well with the down arrow, and simplify using ZSNES.

Thanks kindly for letting us help you improve ZSNES!
supernintendosp
yeah, this has bitten me a few times.

barring any (highly unlikely) point releases, the next release will be a complete overhaul, sporting a brand new GUI - which hopefully won't have this issue.

i'm seconding the OP's suggestion to have DOWN on gamepad 1 open the quickload menu if no menus/dialogs are currently open.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
supernintendosp

i'm seconding the OP's suggestion to have DOWN on gamepad 1 open the quickload menu if no menus/dialogs are currently open.
What does "seconding the OP's suggestion" mean, I wonder?

I hope that in the current release you'd be able to correct the gamepad GUI situation. Thanks for being helpful.

supernintendosp
I make my old computer do. I can't afford a new one.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

supernintendosp wrote:What does "seconding the OP's suggestion" mean, I wonder?
the dictionary wrote:second (v): give support or one's approval to
OP = original poster (aka you)
supernintendosp wrote:I hope that in the current release you'd be able to correct the gamepad GUI situation. Thanks for being helpful.

supernintendosp
again, it's highly unlikely there will be a fix for this in the current version; the GUI is a nightmare of assembler code.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Ph4n70m
Rookie

Post by Ph4n70m »

When I do it, I press "B" again and the bar goes away, then I press the "load" button again. :roll:
supernintendosp

Ph4n70m wrote:When I do it, I press "B" again and the bar goes away, then I press the "load" button again. :roll:
Good idea. Problem being, I wished for the quick-menu since I reconfigure ZSNES as often as I load a game.
again, it's highly unlikely there will be a fix for this in the current version; the GUI is a nightmare of assembler code.
Understood.