Error compiling under 64-bit Linux

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

jdb2

Error compiling under 64-bit Linux

Post by jdb2 »

I just downloaded the latest ZSNES source ( version 1.51 ), untared the file, and issued a

Code: Select all

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/ZSNES
After issuing a make ( with or without a '-j 3' makes no difference. I have a 2-core processor on the system I'm trying to build ZSNES )
I get the following output :

g++ -march=barcelona -pipe -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -D__UNIXSDL__  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -D__OPENGL__ -march=i386 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -fno-rtti -o tools/fileutil.o -c tools/fileutil.cpp
g++ -march=barcelona -pipe -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -D__UNIXSDL__  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -D__OPENGL__ -march=i386 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -fno-rtti -o tools/strutil.o -c tools/strutil.cpp
tools/fileutil.cpp:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
tools/fileutil.cpp:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
make: *** [tools/fileutil.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
tools/strutil.cpp:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
tools/strutil.cpp:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
make: *** [tools/strutil.o] Error 1
even though my relevant environment variables are set :

CFLAGS=-march=barcelona
CXXFLAGS=-march=barcelona
CHOST=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Note that I'm running Linux Mint 9 Isadora KDE 64-bit on a Toshiba Satellite T215D-S1150 with an AMD Athlon Neo K325 processor ( AMD K10/Barcelon architecture).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jdb2
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Error compiling under 64-bit Linux

Post by grinvader »

ZSNES is a 32-bit application.
The available source isn't tuned to make it compile on 64bit. You have to make several modifications to the Makefile yourself, and you will need all the 32bit libraries you're gonna link against (how hard that is depends on your distro).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54