Ctrl V pasting for Folder Paths, but not Genie Codes?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

I_am_dumb
Hazed

Ctrl V pasting for Folder Paths, but not Genie Codes?

Post by I_am_dumb »

Stumbled across it by chance while trying to set up Zsnes (1.51) on my bf's win7 laptop, couldn't get the full path bar to stay up long enough for me to type the Saves path in, then Mr. smart arse does a CTRL V... All this time I could've just pasted the stuff in there instead of windowing Zsnes and typing it in by hand as I read it, now why can't you do that for Game Genie / PAR?
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Ctrl V pasting for Folder Paths, but not Genie Codes?

Post by paulguy »

Old, inconsistent self-rolled GUIs are great.

Can't hold it against zsnes to be that way, though, knowing its past. Some other shitty GUIs can be, though, especially when it was to make it look fancy and stuff while sacrificing usability, itunes.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The short answer is that the cheat menu IIRC unfortunately functions under older GUI code.

It's either that or it wasn't really brought up at the time. Is it really hard to remember an 8 digit code or to have a Windowed ZSNES and text laid apart? It's not like paths that could be obscenely long.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Deathlike2 wrote:It's either that or
nah, it's that. the whole cheat stuff is probably the oldest component of zgui2, and even its blitting routines used to be uniques until ipher and i cleaned it up somewhat. Most of its functions are still unique.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54