Xbox for PC Controller - It Keeps Moving Left

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Dave494

Xbox for PC Controller - It Keeps Moving Left

Post by Dave494 »

Hi

When you move the controller left, sometimes the character will KEEP MOVING LEFT by itself.

The controller is correctly calibrated in Windows and in zsnes.

I'm using Windows 10 and I also experienced this bug when I was using Windows 7 (both 64-bit).

I don't have this problem with any of my Steam games or other emulators.

Please help.

Cheers.
PS This is my first ever post, so not sure if I've done/said everything right on here?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Xbox for PC Controller - It Keeps Moving Left

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

This actually an XBox controller, or is it a 360 or XBox One controller?

In any case, it sure sounds like the stick isn't returning exactly to center. I believe ZSNES has a very small deadzone, so if a stick doesn't center perfectly, the emulator will (correctly?) respond as if the stick is not centered, which it technically isn't. The more worn the controller is, the more likely this is a problem. And my understanding is that XBox controllers tended to have loose sticks to start with, though I never noticed it personally.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Dave494

Post by Dave494 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:This actually an XBox controller, or is it a 360 or XBox One controller?

In any case, it sure sounds like the stick isn't returning exactly to center. I believe ZSNES has a very small deadzone, so if a stick doesn't center perfectly, the emulator will (correctly?) respond as if the stick is not centered, which it technically isn't. The more worn the controller is, the more likely this is a problem. And my understanding is that XBox controllers tended to have loose sticks to start with, though I never noticed it personally.
Thanks. :)
It's a 360 controller for PC.
I've ordered a new one. When I get the new controller I will see if that fixes the problem in zsnes, or not, and reply. It seems fine in all other games like Dark Souls II.
Dave494

Post by Dave494 »

It was the controller after all.
Since using my new one I've not had this problem.
Thanks for the advice. :D
Cammygirl192
can't make up their mind

Post by Cammygirl192 »

Yeah I had the same problem on an actual 360 where the analogue stick would constantly go down a little bit, irritating me.

Those things are really badly made I guess.
:3