problems with windows 10 ?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

zhaDe

problems with windows 10 ?

Post by zhaDe »

I recentyl updated to windows 10 and I am having trouble with zsnes 1.51. Im not sure but I think I have been able to make it work properly since I updated to windows 10 but last time I tried to run it I got an error, something about cooperation mode failing.. sorry for not beign very specific but I didnt write it down and now the error dont show anymore. After I got the error and was unable to use the program, I tried using a compatibilty mode, I tried with windows 7 and windows XP, both worked but I had framerate issues, even the mouse in the menu was hard to control. Windows then asked if the program was working correctly and I said no and tried making it automaticaly set the settings. I had the same framerate problems. It then asked if I wanted to revert to the default settings to which I chose yes. Now the program runs without the error message but the framerate issue is still there, even after a fresh reset and with nothing else than default programs like an anti-virus and skype running.

here are my specs:
ASUS laptop model N53SV
Processor : intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
I got 2 video cards, Intel HD graphics 3000 & nVidia Geforce GT540M CUDA 1GB
16384MB RAM
direct X 11.1
epman6
Rookie

Re: problems with windows 10 ?

Post by epman6 »

sad to say that the intel hd graphics 3000 device may not be supported in windows 10 because intel did not make any win10 specific drivers for it.

it seems your ASUS N53SV laptop is using hybrid nVidia/Intel graphics chipsets (boy I HATE these kinds of switchable hybrid graphic chipsets). AND ASUS does not support nor supply any Win10 drivers for the N53SV notebook PC as I checked the ASUS support site, so there's no guarantee that Win10 will work correctly with that laptop PC.

try running zsnes only on the nvidia Geforce GT540M graphics hardware first and not the Intel HD Graphics 3000 hardware.