How to force 8:7 Aspect Ratio?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

FadeToBacon16

How to force 8:7 Aspect Ratio?

Post by FadeToBacon16 »

Is there a quick fix way to get or force the 8:7 Aspect Ratio on the Zsnes 1.51? Because when I select the 8:7 Aspect Ratio option I get a widescreen image with black bars in the top/bottom and on the left/right of the screen kinda like watching a Widescreen movie on a SD channel. Thank You and Have a nice day.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: How to force 8:7 Aspect Ratio?

Post by paulguy »

Create a custom resolution for your monitor's native resolution, then there should be an option somewhere to use 4:3 aspect ratio, just uncheck that and it should work.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
FadeToBacon16

Post by FadeToBacon16 »

paulguy wrote:Create a custom resolution for your monitor's native resolution, then there should be an option somewhere to use 4:3 aspect ratio, just uncheck that and it should work.
The 4:3 Aspect Ratio is normally what I use for the Zsnes 1.51 but I want that Image that's a little bit more narrower than 4:3. I would show an image here but I don't know how. Its the 1:1 Aspect Ratio with 8 pixel cut from the top and bottom of the image and they call it 8:7 for some reason. It still comes out when you take a snapshot in Zsnes 1.51.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Then uncheck it.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

FadeToBacon16 wrote:
paulguy wrote:Create a custom resolution for your monitor's native resolution, then there should be an option somewhere to use 4:3 aspect ratio, just uncheck that and it should work.
The 4:3 Aspect Ratio is normally what I use for the Zsnes 1.51 but I want that Image that's a little bit more narrower than 4:3. I would show an image here but I don't know how. Its the 1:1 Aspect Ratio with 8 pixel cut from the top and bottom of the image and they call it 8:7 for some reason. It still comes out when you take a snapshot in Zsnes 1.51.
They call it 8:7 because it's an 8:7 aspect ratio.

ALL HAIL THE HOLY SQUARE PIXEL!1111
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
FadeToBacon16

Post by FadeToBacon16 »

So does anyone know how I can Force the 8:7 Aspect ratio on Zsnes 1.51 when its stretched to 1920 x 1080? Or should I just wait for next Zsnes update?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

if you're not using a DR mode, that's your problem.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

FadeToBacon16 wrote:So does anyone know how I can Force the 8:7 Aspect ratio on Zsnes 1.51 when its stretched to 1920 x 1080? Or should I just wait for next Zsnes update?
I dunno, I haven't used ZSNES in years.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads