Multiple Configuration Files

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ArcAnjel

Multiple Configuration Files

Post by ArcAnjel »

Maybe I just haven't found the trick, but I would like to request that a way to use multiple CFG files. Some other emulators allow this with a simple command switch (fceux for example). The reason is I use the emulator on multiple size monitors (one desktop monitor and one HDTV monitor for the HTPC in the living room) and I would like to go to fullscreen without changing the resolution (the transition is smoother and quicker). Currently I am just making a second copy of the executable folder (one folder for the desktop monitor and the other for the HDTV); and I can changed the save folders to the same location so I can play the same saves. But a command switch would make it more streamlined and versatile.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Multiple Configuration Files

Post by paulguy »

Currently, what you'll find best is just having 1 copy and multiple shortcuts with different working directory ("start in" I believe it's called now) for each configuration.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae