Saved State screw up

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

t-man1010

Saved State screw up

Post by t-man1010 »

Im not sure if this is the proper place I should be posting this, but I hope someone can help. I was trying out the save/load state function with a game since I've never used it much but was using it to quickly reload my state in a game to try something over and over. As I completed the section of the game successfuly I have yet to use the save/load state for a while. Getting to my point, I saved my state at 1 hour of play and disragarded it for the rest of my playing and I WAS at 15 hours of play and accidently pressed f4 (load state hotkey) and just lost 14 hours of Chrono Trigger game play and I'm unsure if there is a way to get it back. If anyone can help me or just tell me that I screwed up that would be great as I was really enjoying the game!!

If this is un-fixable I think that would be a great feature to be able to reload your most recent state to avoi this issue.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: Saved State screw up

Post by badinsults »

Provided you didn't resave after loading the save state, I don't believe the regular SRAM save will be overwritten.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Saved State screw up

Post by grinvader »

badinsults wrote:Provided you didn't resave after loading the save state, I don't believe the regular SRAM save will be overwritten.
Incorrect.
The SRAM is now loaded from the state by default, since it breaks several games otherwise.
t-man1010 wrote:If this is un-fixable I think that would be a great feature to be able to reload your most recent state to avoi this issue.
It is unfixable, and there is. It's called "rewind after you fuck up to return before you fucked up". Too bad it only works when the fuckup just happened, right ?

Reading the manual. It helps.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54