Text Documents

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Cless

Text Documents

Post by Cless »

I don't know if this has been requested before but, what if u added
a side bar for loading taxt documents that u can turn use off on.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

I don't understand what you are on about, please re-phase and add the reason why this feature would be a good addition to ZSNES.
PKFAIRY
Cosmic Chaos

Post by PKFAIRY »

i think he wants a sidebar which can load walkthroughs and use them without flipping out of zsnes.
*poof*
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Why doesn't he just use ZSNES in a window.. then he can have what he wants.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Or simply alt-tabbing with a fullscreen zsnes.
Bringing up the GUI pauses the game, anyway.

Where will laziness lead us, I wonder...
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:Where will laziness lead us, I wonder...
Having motorized recliners with an entertainment center attached to it?

Personally, I like reading text documents that are not embedded to the program.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

Returner's ZSNES 1.36 had/has a feature for loading bitmaps inside the emulator. It's utterly, utterly worthless as far as I've been able to discern. What use is there of looking at bitmaps within ZSNES? ...

A text viewer would be significantly more useful, but not on the scale at which it's worth programming.

I'd much rather see time spent working on the ZMV engine, entirely new features, or even more cool "special effects" like burning/snow/water.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

If you want advanced ZMV take a look at snes9x.

Famtasia-like movies with SNES games are not a dream anymore.
I watched a perfect run of umihara kawase that required ~2000 re-recordings. And the guy's good.
All shortest times, and the easiest route (1 boss only).

*note to Agozer: If you liked my movies, you'll drool watching his.

I'll post them movies in the gaming forum.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

I'm aware of the SMV format the SNES9x team has introduced. A single new feature isn't quite enough to make me switch favorite emulators, even if it is powerful.

I'd rather wait it out and test the reliability of SMV over the course of time. The biggest complaint people have made about the ZMV format that is that files recorded with a previous version of ZSNES do not playback properly in later versions, assuming the timing engine of the emulator has changed between the two.

Of course, that only affects ZMVs which involve the timing engine in a way that would cause different results when even a small change is made. For example, quite a few games have enemies leave powerups after they're dead. Often which powerup is left behind is determined by random number generation, a timing-based phenomenon. Different timing engine, different powerup. Hence the different output.

That issue hasn't significantly held me back in any way. I simply test ZMVs in the recorded version and the most recent version of the emulator. If they work in only the former, I list the emulator version necessary for playback.

The best of the 'not immensely difficult' expansions to the ZMV format in my opinion would be to update the version number recorded into savestates (which ZMVs would subsequently inherit). When the state/zmv is loaded, new versions of ZSNES could check the state and display a short message ('Old version: [versionnum]', perhaps) which tells the user that something might not work. It would at least give a clue to the newbies who expect ZMVs to magically be compatible between all ZSNES versions.

Of course, such a display/warning message could get annoying for experienced ZSNES users and therefore should be toggable, but enabled by default.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote: *note to Agozer: If you liked my movies, you'll drool watching his.
I always appreciate god-like UHK players.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

I wonder if the new SNES9x movie format was due to Micheal Flatballs badgering SNES9x devs when he struck out with ZSNES devs! :lol:
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Well, if that's the case we'll see his movie soon enough.

There's already a 47:00 100% movie as torrent out there, but I can't find the smv.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Nightcrawler wrote:I wonder if the new SNES9x movie format was due to Micheal Flatballs badgering SNES9x devs when he struck out with ZSNES devs! :lol:
I wonder if Mr. Flatley bothers to come back for more...