Feature request: "Remember" place in game list...

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

I_am_dumb
Hazed

Feature request: "Remember" place in game list...

Post by I_am_dumb »

I use a series of linked profiles I made in Joy2Key so that I can navigate my computer, change roms or emulators by using the Home button on the Classic Controller (which is hooked up to a wireless Mayflash USB adapter) to switch to a "selecting" profile that allows me to use the sticks as mouse, Y as my left click, X as my right click, Select as my "escape / return to menu" button, and I have L and R set as my wheel scroll... I use the scroll to work my way down to the game I want to play, then use the D-Pad to move the selection cursor right onto it and then hit Start to load. Scrolling like that takes quite a bit of time, if I decide I want to play a different game, I hit Select to escape and then I'm right back at the top of my list... and then I have to scroll all the way back to where I was in the alphabet. Why not just make Zsnes remember where I was in the list? If I'm overlooking something and there's -already- an option for that in the menu, please by all means, show me.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Feature request: "Remember" place in game list...

Post by grinvader »

This program is made with keyboard input in mind. You can access some stuff with joypad input, but not everything.
I advise you link page up/page down to something in your profile to scroll faster.

Note that returning to the last game played in the list wouldn't help if you want to play a game far that one, anyway.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54