Zsnes doesn't function after selecting "interpolation"

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

punkow

Zsnes doesn't function after selecting "interpolation"

Post by punkow »

Hey everybody... I have a serious problem and I cannot find the answer on the forum.
Consider that I'm a total noob. In an attempt to solve some blurry screen problem I selected from Zsnes Video Options the "interpolation" filter (absolutely not knowing what it is) ... Zsnes immeditely closed and now, everytime I start Zsnes it immediately closes 1 second after strarting... can someone help me?
Btw I use Ubuntu 10.04 if this could help.

Also I tried to reistall Zsnes, tried to completely remove it, clean the computer from all packages and reinstall it... NOTHING... it keeps shutting down one second after starting...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Zsnes doesn't function after selecting "interpolation"

Post by grinvader »

Go edit that particular option in your configuration file, which is probably located at ~/.zsnes/zsnesl.cfg
Or just delete the whole file.

Apparently something in your setup doesn't like that one filter for some reason. Not too sure why.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
punkow

Post by punkow »

I tried to lacate the .cfg file but I really didn't find it, even using the search function... is it possible that the Linux version (downloaded with Synaptic ) is somewhat different?
punkow

Post by punkow »

I checked in the same directory of the executable BIN file, but I couldn't find the .cfg file
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

it should be in ~/.zsnes (which would be hidden by default in ubuntu).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
punkow

Post by punkow »

Still nothing... I can't locate the cfg file. I tried searching for it manually and using the search function (showing hidden files). Maybe having reinstalled it the Cfg file doesnt exist yet? Can I download a "standard" cfg file and then pasting it to the directory?
But what is really beyond me is the fact that despite having completely removed Zsnes and reinstalled it, it still doesn't work... maybe zsnes affected something else in the Sys? Maybe Video drivers? Should I reinstall video drivers? (I am a complete Noob so please forgive me if i say stupid stuff)
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Uninstalling zsnes or really any application doesn't remove your user configuration for it, so whatever it's reading for your configuration is still there and it's very unlikely zsnes affected the system configuration in any way.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
punkow

Post by punkow »

Well... I still can't find the file... but knowing the problem is the user config... I simply created another user... I will use it when I want to play...
Thanks a lot to everybody for the help!!!!
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

under your own account, open a terminal window and do the following:

Code: Select all

rm -rf ~/.zsnes
that will nuke your zsnes config (by nuking the whole config directory).

please note that this is the nuclear bomb approach; rm -rf should only be used with great caution.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

That'll wipe out saves to if he didn't define another save directory.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae