Weird issue with ZSNES movie dump

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

JohnJohnsonLPs

Weird issue with ZSNES movie dump

Post by JohnJohnsonLPs »

Ok, this is kind of hard to explain, but I'll try my best.

I've recorded a movie with ZSNES 1.51, I've got Mencoder and Lame, ect. I dump ZMV length with XVID lossless.

Now, while recording I don't have any glitches or hiccups or anything, but then as I'm dumping the video and watching the playback, the playback will be fine for a while, but eventually it will start "playing itself." What I mean by that is, I'll watch the playback and it will start just running or shooting (megaman X) in random directions, running into pits and enemies, ect. It's like it's remembering my button mashes from when I recorded, but the video itself is doing something completely different. I've tried a complete re-install and nothing has worked. I have no idea what is going on and I've been looking on this board and others for around three hours now with now luck. Any help?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Weird issue with ZSNES movie dump

Post by odditude »

it's a known issue, due to randomness in the emulation core; it's the exact same thing that causes netplay desyncs.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
JohnJohnsonLPs

Post by JohnJohnsonLPs »

Is there a way to fix it? I thought I looked around the forum a good bit, but I guess I may have missed an old thread about it.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

unfortunately, no - the next major version of zsnes will have the new emulation core, but for now you're better off using snes9x-rr for creating movies.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.