Breath of Fire 2 broke.

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MrBadExample

Breath of Fire 2 broke.

Post by MrBadExample »

Well actually this must be a well know bug, at random times BOF2 freezes on the world screen.

I was able to back track in WIP to the one that still had it working.

it's WIP 10/28 meaning Oct. 28th. Every WIP after that has had this game broken.
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

I think is a game bug. Sometimes disabling the music makes it work. Zsnes 1.36 official DOS version runs it well.
B R O K E N .
Shogetsu
Rookie

Post by Shogetsu »

mexandrew wrote:I think is a game bug. Sometimes disabling the music makes it work. Zsnes 1.36 official DOS version runs it well.
It isn't an original game bug ;). I have the original game ;). Disabling the music on the emulator options doesn't fix this problem, but disabling the music from the menu the game has will do ;).
I'll tell you the meaning of life: It's not to live, but to die
TartLoaf

Post by TartLoaf »

I played the entire game up to the end, no problems. btw whats up with Breath of Fire and character names? the final boss has its name butched too.. DethEvn
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

Shogetsu wrote:
mexandrew wrote:I think is a game bug. Sometimes disabling the music makes it work. Zsnes 1.36 official DOS version runs it well.
It isn't an original game bug ;). I have the original game ;). Disabling the music on the emulator options doesn't fix this problem, but disabling the music from the menu the game has will do ;).
Use ;) one more time, I fucking dare you.
Esturk
Lurker

Post by Esturk »

TartLoaf wrote:I played the entire game up to the end, no problems. btw whats up with Breath of Fire and character names? the final boss has its name butched too.. DethEvn
Not enough room.. Notice your characters names are limited to 4 letters.. It sucks I know.:p
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

Magus` wrote:
Shogetsu wrote:
I was thinking something along the same lines.
MrBadExample

Post by MrBadExample »

why would it be agame bug, if it works fine in all the other versions of ZSNES up to the OCt. 28th WIP?

wouldn't that imply that something was changed that maye shouldn't have?
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

This has been discussed before, it is a bug in the WIP's, I have played through the game completely in previous versions, and my brother is actually playing it through in 1.36 right now. Works fine, but as soon as it's tried in a recent WIP, the game freezes randomly on the overworld when coming out of a battle.
~Bent
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I did a bit of research. ZSNES once upon a time had a special hack for BoF2 which set percentage of execution to 70.

I'd consider putting it back in, but I can't even find which bit of code that was taken out did the hacking, all I have to go by is this comment:

; hacks :
; Breath of fire 2 : 100/130/25/35 -p 70
; BToads vs DD : 197/192/47/47 -p 130
; Bubsy ; 182/177/44/44 -p 120

In the mean time, I suggest try setting percentage to 70 and see if it works for you.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by MrBadExample »

how do I do that??
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

-p 70 or edit the config file.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by scooby1955 »

Magus` wrote:
Shogetsu wrote:
Darers go first :lol:
Esturk
Lurker

Post by Esturk »

I experienced the bug in BOF2 when I first started to play it. Then after some time, I believe after getting Katt and Rand at the Coliseum.. It never froze again and I was able to play and complete the entire game without one freeze.