video settings not supported can't get back

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

poyntdexta

video settings not supported can't get back

Post by poyntdexta »

i tried using video settings resolution outside of what my video card will support.. however they are stuck that way.. the program opens..but opens to a blank black screen... i know the program is running but i cant see any of the gui... how do i revert back to my old settings... or better yet just go back to a default video setting.. is there some sort of shortcut keystroke that will change the vid settings back ?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Edit the cfg file or the dat file (depending on the WIP) and look for CustomX/CustomY. Change it to a valid resolution like 640x480. The custom res settings work far better in Windowed modes... but you MUST use valid resolutions under fullscreen.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
poyntdexta

cfg file

Post by poyntdexta »

where can i find the cfg file ?.. fyi i used zsnes for windows.. just just extracted the files to my desktop.. should there be a folder there ? or are the files just going to be strewn on my desktop somewhere.. ?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

If you extracted it to your desktop, you should find the file on your desktop.

A safer bet is to delete the .cfg and .dat files generated by ZSNES (zsnesw.cfg and zguicfgw.dat)
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
poyntdexta

thanks

Post by poyntdexta »

thanks alot... sorry.. im actually not home right now to see if this is going to work.. which is why i cant be sure if the files are actually there.. but thanks alot ill let you know if it works.. and i appreciate your prompt response greatly
Yanime

Re: video settings not supported can't get back

Post by Yanime »

Uhm - I've got the Very same problem, but I run ZSNES on Mac and don't know where I could change the Settings Manually or if the files can are created on mac at all.

Maybe someone could help me with this one - as where to find the file I should change manually to get ZSNES working again. Thank you.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Search for a file named zsnesl.cfg in your home directory.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Yanime

Post by Yanime »

Thank you =)