View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SVN Sound Core Replacement 
Rookie

I don't mind using the old sound core for now... except for the Chrono Trigger bugs which were fixed in a new version, after the last "good" sound build. So, is the sound core just using one file? Or can I in any way separate out the old sound core and the new timing build?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:20 pm
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

I don't mind using the old sound core for now... except for the Chrono Trigger bugs which were fixed in a new version, after the last "good" sound build. So, is the sound core just using one file? Or can I in any way separate out the old sound core and the new timing build?

Don't even suggest that. The fact is, the old sound core wasn't perfect and to keep using that is no less than stupid.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:30 pm
Rookie

Yeah, but, I wanna play Chrono Trigger WITH sound and WITHOUT graphical bugs.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:48 am
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Use the last known good build or wait like everyone else.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:00 am
Rookie

SVN code is for a beta release, ok... but, I don't understand why the sound is not real (zsnesw.exe only create a file named zdsp.wav)...

Is this correct? Why zsnesw.exe don't playing the sound of zdsp.wav? Is only a wav file (Signed 16bit PCM / 2 Channels / 32000 Hz). In the "final" release no, of course, but now, can you create alternative method for hear sound while playing?

For now, almost times the sound of zdsp.wav is better than the sound of revision 4538, but in other times no (in Super Metroid (E) the sound have low quality...).

Bad English :lol: I hope that you understand me :roll: .

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Trooper

I guess it's just set to dump to a file for testing, not for playing.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Gecko snack

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9526

that explains why there is no sound being played in the windows version.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9526

that explains why there is no sound being played in the windows version.

Impressive. You just linked to the topic in which you are posting.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

people are that stupid, that they complain about not having sound in the topic announcing that they should shut up and not complain about no sound in the latest svn.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:46 am
Rookie

people are that stupid, that they complain about not having sound in the topic announcing that they should shut up and not complain about no sound in the latest svn.

if exists, what part of the source code is necessary CHANGE for have a real sound? If possible, I will wish test the new improvements of each new version of SVN (for me is better hear directly the sound in game). It's all !

If no exist this change of code... no problem! I wait the final release with the new sound core 8) .

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:53 am
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

sweener2001 wrote:

if exists, what part of the source code is necessary CHANGE for have a real sound? If possible, I will wish test the new improvements of each new version of SVN (for me is better hear directly the sound in game). It's all !

If no exist this change of code... no problem! I wait the final release with the new sound core 8) .

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Just wait like everyone else as said before.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:25 am
i didn't want to make a new thread, b/c i'm sort of a n00b at this so i'll just ask a quick question here

if i'm playing a game, load up a save state, and all of a sudden i don't get any sound, is that type of problem that's being addressed in the next release b/c of this thread?

thx :D

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:06 pm
Inmate

i didn't want to make a new thread, b/c i'm sort of a n00b at this so i'll just ask a quick question here

if i'm playing a game, load up a save state, and all of a sudden i don't get any sound, is that type of problem that's being addressed in the next release b/c of this thread?

thx :D

it all depends on what version you are using my friend, if you are a noob, which you yourself claimed. Then I DOUBT you are using the SVN, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about THESE sound bugs.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 am
Profile WWW
it all depends on what version you are using my friend, if you are a noob, which you yourself claimed. Then I DOUBT you are using the SVN, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about THESE sound bugs.

well i was using 1.36, and that's when i started having the problems. so i upgraded to 1.51 and nothing happened.

i guess i'll just make a new thread, thx anyway

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:18 am
Veteran

Panzer88 wrote:

well i was using 1.36, and that's when i started having the problems. so i upgraded to 1.51 and nothing happened.

Also, loading a savestate from a different version of zsnes than it was created with will cause problems.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:43 am
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

yellowcyclone wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:

Also, loading a savestate from a different version of zsnes than it was created with will cause problems.

You shouldn't expect it to work, and this is not a valid bug anyways.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:03 am
Veteran

You shouldn't expect it to work, and this is not a valid bug anyways.

Yeah, but a self-proclaimed noob may not know that.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:55 am
Inmate

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 am
Regular

According to pf, we will have sound in the Windows port as soon as he finishes writing the Vista driver. Vista uses a different audio system, and although I suspect the sound code would be "ok" with Vista (DSound in Vista uses a wrapper to the Wave output), pagefault wants the sound code be native to Vista, so it can use Vista's sound controls as well.

So hows the progress of the Vista driver? Working out well?
Just trying to restore the topic. <_<

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:02 am
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

I am focusing on the DirectSound driver since that is much more beneifical to people. But we are getting close to public demos now. Blargg is discovering a bunch of new things with byuu and getting feedback from us as well so things have been really moving along.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:29 pm
Gecko snack

so this new core will knock the socks off of the people that are used to the old core?

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:00 am
Profile WWW
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Probably at, or better than SNEeSe. Although, I like TRAC too just as I like blargg.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:11 am
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:59 am
Inmate

no, but it is kinda the bar that's been set until recently.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

How is it is speed wise versus the old version? I assume the reason for the inaccuracies was to speed the whole thing up.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next