Hey and I need some help

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Dark Dranzer

Hey and I need some help

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Hey guys, as you can tell I'm a newbie here and I've been browsing the forums to help me out with the FFVI Blitz attack. I can't seem to get it to work and I always get killed. I tried different combinations for "pummel" but it doesn't work.

* I tried doing "L R L then press "A"" but it didn't work
* I tried doing "L R L then press "X"" and it didn't work
* I tried doing "L R L then press "Y" and it didn't work
* I tried doing "L R L then press "B" and it didn't work

I'm at my wits end, I know that the below three wouldn't work but I was very desperate. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, and if you're giving me the P(ress) R(elease) advice can you please tell me how long do I hold the press down for before I release it because I think my timing needs work and that.

Sorry to be a nuisance but I figured it'd be best to ask the people who created the ZSNES seeing that they'd probably know their way around games like this :oops:

Thanks for your time
"You cannot stop me, I am Galvatron! I am your destruction!" - Galvatron TF S3 "Webworld"
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Ugh...

The simply pummel attack is "Left Right Left"... not "L R L" (L and R are the shoulder buttons of the SNES gamepad). Once you complete "Left Right Left", you hit A to confirm.

Please pay attention to the what the game tells you what to do.
Last edited by Deathlike2 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Dark Dranzer

Post by Dark Dranzer »

My apologies I should've elaborated on that then

I did try the "Left Right Left" Control Pad commands as well
"You cannot stop me, I am Galvatron! I am your destruction!" - Galvatron TF S3 "Webworld"
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Are you using a controller or the keyboard?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Dark Dranzer

Post by Dark Dranzer »

I'm using the keyboard
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It's not that hard. Assuming you mapped up, down, left, right to the proper arrow keys... just select Blitz with the "A" button.. hit "left", "right", "left", and then hit the "A" button again. When I say the "A" button, I do mean the keyboard key mapped to said button.

In the entire sequence, all you do is hit and release each key in the sequence (no holding required).
Dark Dranzer

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Okay, I'll give it one more go