freezes when I try t assign "down" with an airflo

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

El Mattador

freezes when I try t assign "down" with an airflo

Post by El Mattador »

I guess I should start by saying I've been using Zsnes for years and this hasn't happened before. I recently had to reformat my computer, so I had to download a fresh copy of zsnes(1.51). I am using the same controller I've been using for awhile now(airflo), but when I try to assign the keys, the program freezes when I get to down and I have to ctrl+alt+delete out. The controller works fine with other emulators, I've calibrated several times, and everything is functioning as it should, except with zsnes.

I should mention I've tried several old versions, and nothing. Restarting did no good. I'm not retarded when it comes to computers, but I'm stumped, fellas!

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Matt

Edit: I'm using XP mediacenter. Also, I switched it out with another airflo I had, same results. I have an old, crappy controller I can't stand using that seemed to work fine, so it's a problem with the airflo it seems. Any help good sirs?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm not sure if you can say ZSNES is the problem here, but it almost sounds like you may be using a gamepad to keyboard mapping app that may or may not have changed things around.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
El Mattador

Post by El Mattador »

Deathlike2 wrote:I'm not sure if you can say ZSNES is the problem here, but it almost sounds like you may be using a gamepad to keyboard mapping app that may or may not have changed things around.
I am not, good sir. I'm stumped. Everything worked GREAT until the reformat. Now the only thing not working is the big Zsnes. I don't think it's the program either, I was just hoping someone else had experienced something similar.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Try older drivers and see if that's the case... and making sure you are using latest service pack of XP and get the USB 2.0 update (assuming you have that).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

are you using the basic windows HID driver or are you using nyko's drivers?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
rchuncleskeleton

I might have a solution!

Post by rchuncleskeleton »

I had the same kind of problem with my logitech dual action pad...but it had nothing to do with the pad or the emulator...it had to do with some calibration settings in windows that wouldn't clear out. So what I had to do is download the clear calibration utility from http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm and then everything worked fine after I ran the utility! try it out and if it works for you too then let me know back here!