SNES to USB Adapter Problems with ZSNES

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Duditz666

SNES to USB Adapter Problems with ZSNES

Post by Duditz666 »

Ok, I just got my SNES to USB adapter the other day. I hooked it up and installed all of the drivers and such and my pc (running on Windows Vista) recognizes the SNES controller no problem.

I then go to configure the input through ZSNES and everything seems to be working fine. It cycles through each button on the control pad and I click the proper buttons when prompted.

However, when i go to play a SNES game (i.e. Mega Man X3) the controller does not work like it should. It acts almost as though I calibrated the controller using the Key Combination button under Miscellaneous. While playing, the character moves left to right and jumps, but I can't, for instance, jump or shoot while holding any other button. The Y and B buttons do not work along with other buttons, so Mega Man does not shoot and walk at the same time like he is supposed to.

I SOMEHOW managed to fix the problem by repeatedly calibrating the controller both through Windows control panel and the ZSNES game pad configuration.

Unfortunately, I left my computer for about 20 minutes or so and came back and the controller was randomly doing the same thing. I did not shut down ZSNES or the game I was playing or anything. My computer did not even go idle. The problem just decided to come back after a few minutes.

The A and X and all of the other buttons still work while moving and such, so I cannot understand why it is only the B and Y buttons that do not cooperate with me.

If anyone has similar problems or can answer my question, please help me out! I'd be most appreciative.