keep going to one direction occasionally after release D-pad

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

cuckooc

keep going to one direction occasionally after release D-pad

Post by cuckooc »

I can play the game perfectly most of the time. And I don't know why sometimes my joypad will keep going to the direction I just pressed after I release the button. It only happens once a while and I don't know when it will happen. For example, when I am playing Megaman, I press left button on the D-pad and Megaman run to the left. When I release the D-pad button, Megaman is supposed to stop moving immediately. However, sometimes it keep moving to the left for a second. This is very annoying because Megaman would just walk to the pit, fall and die.
This problem happens in all direction and all game I have played so far.
No matter whether I press up, down, left or right.

I am using a PS2 dualshock2 joypad with a USB convertor. This joypad works perfectly in other emulator. It doesn't have this problem in Snes9X, NNNester. This issue only happens in Zsnes. Is it my Zsnes setting problem?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Make sure you're configuring the controller via Config->Input, not Misc->Key Comb.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
cuckooc

Post by cuckooc »

I am using config->input, and I have only enable player 1 device.
Francis64
Lurker

Post by Francis64 »

I also have a Dual Shock 2 + USB converter and have the same problem (Windows 2000 SP4 + DirectX 9.0C).

It seems to occur only when "Use higher priority" is enabled.
cuckooc

Post by cuckooc »

Thanks, Francis64. After I 've unchecked the "increase priority" option and played for 20 mins, the problem seems gone. Now, I can enjoy the game and move the character wherever I want. Now, I can enjoy Parodius without crashing into the group of missiles unwillingly.