View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Xbox 360 wireless controller vs. mouse usb 
Post Xbox 360 wireless controller vs. mouse usb
Is there anyway to.. "hack" a mouse usb receiver for the xbox 360 controller so that I can connect my wireless controller to a PC. Or anything along the lines of that?
Thanks in advanced.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:54 am
Buzzkill Gil

Step 1: Buy a wireless mouse.
Step 2: Buy a Microsoft(TM) XBox(TM) 360(TM) Wireless Controller Receiver.
Step 3. Move the guts from the MXB360WCR to the wireless mouse receiver.

So the answer you're LOOKING FOR is no.

DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 am
Veteran

So I take it this is a different product than what is included with the game system?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Trooper

It allows the controller to work with a pc.

microsoft aren't so bright, the charge cable cannot supply data, unlike the PS3 controller

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:35 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gil_Hamilton, you're a dick. Anyways I'm talking about a wireless mouse receiver, if it can be used to receive the xbox 360 controller signal. If there is some program to change frequencies or whatever. If it can't be done don't be like Gil_Hamilton, tell me like a human being.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:32 pm
Official tech support dood

Gil_Hamilton, you're a dick. Anyways I'm talking about a wireless mouse receiver, if it can be used to receive the xbox 360 controller signal. If there is some program to change frequencies or whatever. If it can't be done don't be like Gil_Hamilton, tell me like a human being.

no.

you need to buy the 350 wireless receiver for PC, as stated above.

kode54 wrote:
So I take it this is a different product than what is included with the game system?

identical controller, but it includes said receiver.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 pm
Buzzkill Gil

It allows the controller to work with a pc.

microsoft aren't so bright, the charge cable cannot supply data, unlike the PS3 controller
No, they're actually reasonably intelligent. Which is why it DOES properly connect to the USB controller and request the power it needs instead of just taking it(a standard practice that is in blatant violation of the USB spec and poses a real risk to your computer), as well as report back to the computer on it's current charge level.

The 360 business model is entirely dedicated to nickel+dime'ing the customer on addons and accessories.
Why make it cheap and easy to use the controller on the PC when they can sell an expensive add-on for MORE PROFIT.

It's not ignorance, it's malice. There's a difference.

Which is all secondary to the fact that, generally, people that want to use wireless controllers actually want to use wireless controllers. Not convert them to wired USB controllers.

tbunreal wrote:
I DID tell you.
I even spelled it out with an 'n' and an 'o' in case you were too dumb to add 1, 2, and 3 together to get 6.

DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:07 pm
Retrosexual

yeah, you can get the receiver for $20 on ebay. if you want to purchase different mouse receivers and reverse engineer them go for it, it would help others save $20. if you just want to use the controller on your pc, then drop the $20 and save yourself the time and hassle.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 pm
Inmate

or get a wired controller that works on both a console and pc

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]