ZSNES not detecting most gamepad buttons

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

mostawesomeguyever

ZSNES not detecting most gamepad buttons

Post by mostawesomeguyever »

I am having an issue with ZSNES that fiddling around and Google search has yet to resolve. When I try to set-up my controller -- A Logitech Precision Gamepad -- it only detects the up arrow on the d-pad, and does not recognize any other buttons. I have tried replacing the exe with a fresh file, and overwriting the docs and config files, all to no avail. Windows recognizes the gamepad, and according to game controller settings, every button works.. I have even tried multiple USB ports, and...nothing.

Now, here's the clincher -- it worked perfectly fine yesterday. It detected every button, and it worked without a hitch. I haven't changed anything around in Windows since using it, and restarting has done nothing. So I am really at a loss here. I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Copying a new zsnesw.exe in to the directory doesn't overwrite the configuration, that needs to be deleted separately. Anyway, another problem with gamepads that I've had are sliders and other non-centering axes. Stuff like that you have to kinda mess with until it decides to work right...
mostawesomeguyever

Post by mostawesomeguyever »

paulguy wrote:Copying a new zsnesw.exe in to the directory doesn't overwrite the configuration, that needs to be deleted separately. Anyway, another problem with gamepads that I've had are sliders and other non-centering axes. Stuff like that you have to kinda mess with until it decides to work right...
You were right about the axis not being centered. I went into Windows game controller panel once again, and used the recalibration test, which centered it. ZSNES now fully detects the gamepad and all buttons.

Thank you very much for the assistance!