Help with Wifipad controller iphone/ipod touch

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

tk6

Help with Wifipad controller iphone/ipod touch

Post by tk6 »

I need some help with my controlling problems. Every time I use the buttons on the Wifipad controller, it always disables and enables layers. I was wondering if there is anyway which can disable the layer changing ?

If there is anyone who can help it is much appreciated. :)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Help with Wifipad controller iphone/ipod touch

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

You're using your iPhone as a ZSNES controller? What sort of masochistic tendencies prompted THAT?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

misc -> misc keys

Found it in just a few seconds looking around the gui (there really aren't that many places it could be.).
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
tk6

Post by tk6 »

paulguy wrote:misc -> misc keys

Found it in just a few seconds looking around the gui (there really aren't that many places it could be.).
Oh thanks I found it. Silly me, at least someone on this forum helps others out in need. :lol:
Unlike some selfish idiot ( YES YOU GIL_HAMILTON ).
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

please.

your setup is probably one of the most backwoods things i've heard of.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Using a $200 phone for a wireless game controller is backwoods? Sounds more like excessive to me. Not to mention the complete lack of tactile feedback on all the controls, since you can only see, but not feel, where the direction controls and buttons are.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

tk6 wrote: Unlike some selfish idiot ( YES YOU GIL_HAMILTON ).
Oh. My. GOD! I've never got a shoutout before!
THEY LIKE ME! THEY REALLY LIKE ME!

Seriously, I was hoping I was guessing wrong and clarification was coming. That really wasn't a very clear post. Thought at first you were asking how to use a Wifipad-brand controller on an iPhone.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

kode54 wrote:Using a $200 phone for a wireless game controller is backwoods? Sounds more like excessive to me. Not to mention the complete lack of tactile feedback on all the controls, since you can only see, but not feel, where the direction controls and buttons are.
i think we can both have our adjectives in this one. i was referring to the methods needed to get it working. even if "there's an app for that," the methodology just seems obscure.

and i agree on the feedback issue. having played a couple games with virtual sticks and/or buttons, it's really simple to lose your fingers. more so in this case since they won't even be looking at the device.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

sweener2001 wrote: and i agree on the feedback issue. having played a couple games with virtual sticks and/or buttons, it's really simple to lose your fingers. more so in this case since they won't even be looking at the device.
I've described it to gadget-happy touchscreen kids as "I survived the no-button fad in the 80s. I'd like to not repeat that nightmare."
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads