USB adapter

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

LisaMarie3787

USB adapter

Post by LisaMarie3787 »

Okay so I have USB adapter to use an original super nintendo controller on ZSNES. Im wondering does anyone know how to configure the keys to hold down instead on simply holding and releasing which is what it seems to be doing. Take the game Donkey Kong 2 for example, in the original game when u get on an animal, we'll use the rhino for this situation, you could hold down x (or y or whatevr) and the rhino would charge up to run. however when using the usb adapter he just taps his foot as if i pressed the button and released it. I find this to be affecting most of my games, can anyone help? THANKS!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: USB adapter

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

If you used the key combo editor in the misc menu, that's your problem.

If you used the input #1 option in the config menu, double-check that you mapped the regular buttons and not the turbo buttons.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
LisaMarie3787

Post by LisaMarie3787 »

i double checked no turbos are set, and i have not used the combo editor. i tried unchecking all the boxes and checking them one by one jus in case but nothing seems to work. idk :(
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Unchecking all the boxes?
On the input control panel? Because there shouldn't BE any checkboxes there.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads