Equip Item Problem on Super Mario RPG

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nibri

Equip Item Problem on Super Mario RPG

Post by Nibri »

When I try to equip Items on Super Mario RPG with my A button (Z),they freeze,but it has no effect on music.I can safely unequip items with the sme button without any problens.
:? Do you know what's wrong?
If not,do you know a cheat for Infinite Health
Last edited by Nibri on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: Equip Item Problem on Super Mario RPG

Post by Agozer »

Well first of all, which version of ZSNES are you using? Are you sure that your ROM is good? Scan it with NSRT if you aren't.

P.S. What do you mean "they freeze"? The game freezes or what?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Nibri

Post by Nibri »

Agozer wrote:Well first of all, which version of ZSNES are you using? Are you sure that your ROM is good? Scan it with NSRT if you aren't.

P.S. What do you mean "they freeze"? The game freezes or what?
It means when I select the unequipped item,at about 0.5 seconds,the controls are locked,meaning they won't work. And what is NSRT?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12400

also, NSRT is a tool designed to scan and fix (as necessary) SNES ROMs. It's known as Nach's SNES ROM Tools. Link is in my sig.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Nibri

Post by Nibri »

adventure_of_link wrote:http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12400

also, NSRT is a tool designed to scan and fix (as necessary) SNES ROMs. It's known as Nach's SNES ROM Tools. Link is in my sig.
I'm using Windows Vista. Which version of nsrt (btw i am dumb) do you recommend?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Nibri wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12400

I'm using Windows Vista. Which version of nsrt (btw i am dumb) do you recommend?
the windows version. what else?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
segumal

Post by segumal »

i have the same problem...

the thing is that sometimes, when trying to equip something or to use an item in the menu, the item selection cursor (i.e. mario's gloved hand) freezes... this means that yo can no longer move the cursor around the menu nor select an item or exit the menu...
oddly enough, the game itself doesn't seem to freeze since the background music keeps on playing...

i checked the rom with NSRT and everything seemed alright...
any idea?

PS: by the way, i'm using zsnes v1.51 on win xp SP3...
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

segumal wrote:i have the same problem...

the thing is that sometimes, when trying to equip something or to use an item in the menu, the item selection cursor (i.e. mario's gloved hand) freezes... this means that yo can no longer move the cursor around the menu nor select an item or exit the menu...
oddly enough, the game itself doesn't seem to freeze since the background music keeps on playing...

i checked the rom with NSRT and everything seemed alright...
any idea?

PS: by the way, i'm using zsnes v1.51 on win xp SP3...
NSRT here.