Problem with my logitech dual action gamepad

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Hitman68

Problem with my logitech dual action gamepad

Post by Hitman68 »

Hi there folks! I used to play roms all the time with my logitech dual gamepad. http://vvvv.org/sites/default/files/ima ... amepad.gif However, just recently, I tried the Zsnes on my laptop and I am unable to make the gamepad work. Games are working fine which leads to believe that the emulator is not the problem, per se. I read a couple of threads and saw that someone was having problems because of other usb devices plugged in. I unplugged my wireless mouse and the problem persists. Zsnes crashes when I try to configure buttons with my gamepad. I can select Up on my d-pad, but when I attempt to select down on the d-pad for down, it freezes. Any takers....
Gonzo
Regular

Re: Problem with my logitech dual action gamepad

Post by Gonzo »

It could be a drivers issue. I've got almost the exact same controller you have and it came with a cd with drivers on it. Did yours come with one as well? If so, then I'd try installing the drivers off of it and see what that does. If not, you'll have to do a google search to try and find the drivers.

By the way, what version of zsnes are you running and what's your operating system?
Hitman68

Post by Hitman68 »

Firstly, thanks for the quick response. I probably have the cd downstairs but I installed the drivers from the website yesterday. Maybe that was a mistake. I should check for the proper model for the gamepad. I am running Zsnes 1.51 with Windows 7 ultimate.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The Logitech Dual Action had a history of issues with ZSNES and other emulators. That said, you're better off not installing any of the gamepad's drivers or software, especially the Logitech Profile. If you've installed it and it's running, disable the Profiler. Just plugging the gamepad in, and making sure that Windows detects all buttons, axes, etc. properly should be enough.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Hitman68

Post by Hitman68 »

I already 2 sets of drivers.... How would I disable the Profiler and I would I go about making sure windows detects all buttons and axes properly?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Hitman68 wrote:I already 2 sets of drivers.... How would I disable the Profiler and I would I go about making sure windows detects all buttons and axes properly?
I'm not sure how the profiler works (runs on startup, etc), but to be sure I'd look though the startup config (using msconfig.exe) and look for the logitech entries and disable as such.

as for windows finding/using all buttons/axes, the test app in the control panel should be more than enough.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

IIRC, there's a checkbox in the Profiler's settings to prevent it from running at startup.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Hitman68

Post by Hitman68 »

Thanks fellas :D