X-Box 360 Wired Controler

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ChuckyZ28

X-Box 360 Wired Controler

Post by ChuckyZ28 »

I have my controller set up and I can program the buttons without issue however when I go into the game it does not work for me. Any ideas?
sweener2001
Inmate

Re: X-Box 360 Wired Controler

Post by sweener2001 »

amazing that one of the easiest to use controllers still gives people issues.

my guesses are that player 1 wasn't programmed, or that the controller isn't plugged in when ZSNES is started.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
juhawh

Post by juhawh »

sweener2001 wrote:amazing that one of the easiest to use controllers still gives people issues.

my guesses are that player 1 wasn't programmed, or that the controller isn't plugged in when ZSNES is started.
Not to waste space, but I just want to say that this absolutely worked for me, I had ZSNES and plugged in my 360 wired and it wasn't letting me set keys, so I restarted ZSNES and it worked.

Thanks. :3
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

sweener2001 wrote:amazing that one of the easiest to use controllers still gives people issues.

No easier to use than any USB PC gamepad, except in cases where the app explicitly supports the 360 pad. In exchange, you get broken trigger support in anything that DOESN'T explicitly support it.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Only the lower analog triggers. The upper digital triggers work just fine. Of course, some people may be confused by this.