Help With A Keyboard Problem

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

DekuDude

Help With A Keyboard Problem

Post by DekuDude »

Ok, so I am having a bit of trouble playing a rom hack of Super Mario World because of a problem with my keyboard. Whenever i need to run to the right and jump simultaneously, it doesn't work. It will run to the right, but it won't jump when i press x (my jump key). However, when i run to the left, it works just fine. Someone please help me out :cry:
The dude of Dekus. Don't be jealous of my ocarina skillz O_o. lolwut? deku dance time: Image
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Help With A Keyboard Problem

Post by paulguy »

Bind some of your keys to ctrl, alt and shift. That's about the best you can do with a funky keyboard.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Try remapping zsnes controls to different keys. Some keyboards don't detect certain keys if they are pressed together.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

therefore for newer version of zsnes i would suggest controler test,
to see wether certain combination of key-press actually acceptable as input.
DekuDude

Post by DekuDude »

Ok thanks, I configured my keyboard and now it works. :D

EDIT: Ok another problem has just come up. Zsnes has just started to run slower for no particular reason. I have checked the settings, and the speed is normal (x1). Any idea what the problem might be? This happened right after i changed the keyboard buttons, i tried changing them back, and it hasnt worked.
The dude of Dekus. Don't be jealous of my ocarina skillz O_o. lolwut? deku dance time: Image
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Is slowdown bound to anything?
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
DekuDude

Post by DekuDude »

no, but it kind of goes from slow to fast fast randomly once per use. One time i use and its normal speed. The next time i use it, it slows down, and so on.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Is this on a laptop, by any chance?
DekuDude

Post by DekuDude »

yes, but now it has stopped running slow and is working just fine.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Ok, but if it ever starts happening again, disable any automatic clock frequency adjustments. That seems to cause troubles with zsnes.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Or, on XP systems, add /usepmtimer to your boot.ini line. That will correct the QueryPerformanceCounter reference that ZSNESw uses for frame rate regulation.
metroid24

Post by metroid24 »

yeah im having the same problem i tried everydifferent keyboard combanation but nothing works and the types of games i play ie megaman metroid mario and other require thiat i use more than 2 buttions at a time and my pc is a netbook its an asus Eee pc with windows 7 starter ed so if anyone could help me out id apreciate it
DekuDude

Post by DekuDude »

I have that same one, accept it has Windows XP on it.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

If no keyboard config works, then you'll need a gamepad. Super Metroid is awful even on a working keyboarrd anyway, though.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

A: left shift
B: left ctrl
X: left alt
Y: tab
L: z on qwerty OR < on azerty/qwertz
R: right shift

up/down/left/right: d-pad

start: return
select: backspace

never had any issue with any game
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54