controller that used to work, now stopped working with zsnes

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

zaerox

controller that used to work, now stopped working with zsnes

Post by zaerox »

I have a joytech device(sorry for not knowing the name) which makes it able to connect 2 ps2controllers to my pc, I don't know the name of the device but it's pretty straightforward when it comes to playing on emus. The joytech "device" goes into a usb port and doesn't require any installation whatsoever.

I bought it for my xp where it worked perfectly with my emus. Of course when I switched to vista it stopped working and there wasn't much to do about it.

About little over a year ago I got win 7ultimate-32bit. I tried the controller with fusion(sega emu), espxe(ps1 emu) and zsnes(the snes emu). The controller worked with all of them, yes even the zsnes worked! I remember this since I had no Internet at the time of installing win7 so I played through megamanx with the controller and the joytech device.

A couple of days ago I found my old Joytech device again and plugged it in. And now for some odd reason it has just stopped working with my zsnes emu. It still works with espxe and fusion but I've tried everything and the zsnes can't find it.

When I go into the control panel to look for it I can find the "Dual-PSX-USB adaptor" but when I go into game controller settings and advanced the only preffered device I can choose is (none).

I really need help with this guys :/ I don't understand why everything but the freaking zsnes can find it and also why I used to be able to play on the same OS about a year ago but not now. All I can think of is the "xbox 360 wireless receiver I've had installed but the controller still works with my other emus so... gah just repeating myself here.... someone :(?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: controller that used to work, now stopped working with z

Post by odditude »

possible conflict with xinput..?

uninstall the 360 controller + software, see if it works again. if so, there's your culprit - and no other workaround until a new version of zsnes (and hopefully it will be a non-issue then).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
kode54
Zealot

Re: controller that used to work, now stopped working with z

Post by kode54 »

360 controller + software has no conflicts with other controllers that I know of. I have no trouble using third party controllers and drivers in Windows 7 with the MS drivers and software still installed.