using PS1 Dualshock w/ZSnes?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Arkham

using PS1 Dualshock w/ZSnes?

Post by Arkham »

(My apologies if I'm bringing up something that has already been discussed before, but I looked around and couldn't find a clear enough answer.)

If I purchase this adapter, will I be able to use a PS1 controller with ZSnes? Or would I need to use a "proper" PC gamepad (e.g. the Logitech stuff that I've seen)?
I'd appreciate getting this clarified -- the adapter is cheap, but I'd rather not buy it if ZSnes has compatibility problems with PS controllers or something.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: using PS1 Dualshock w/ZSnes?

Post by Agozer »

The rule of thumb is that if an adapter/controller combo works fine in Windows/Linux/whatever OS you have (when testing it in Game Controllers control panel or what have you), it should work with ZSNES just fine as well.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

my nephew has one of those, and it works fine with zsnes on my laptop (win7 x64).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Arkham

Post by Arkham »

That's good to hear, then. I guess I'll be getting it. Thanks to both of you.