ZSNES wont recognise start & select

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

airrunner85

ZSNES wont recognise start & select

Post by airrunner85 »

I have purchased a snes adapter for my laptop. Now i can input all buttons fine with exception of start and select on the controller. Any idea why this is happening? many thanks in advanced :)
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: ZSNES wont recognise start & select

Post by odditude »

does your OS's game controller applet detect the buttons?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
airrunner85

Post by airrunner85 »

Hi mate, it does detect the controller fine but how can i check that it detects the start and select buttons ok? I am using win 7 if that helps. many thanks
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

airrunner85 wrote:Hi mate, it does detect the controller fine but how can i check that it detects the start and select buttons ok? I am using win 7 if that helps. many thanks
start/run joy.cpl -or- go to Devices and Printers from the start menu, right-click on the controller, and choose "Game controller settings."

in the dialog that pops-up, choose the controller and hit the "Properties" button. go to the "Test" tab, and make sure each button press is registered.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Start and select can stop working if the pad pcb is cracked right in the middle. Which happens easily with a bit of controller violence.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54