Keyboard Config Issues w/ Specific Games

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

g33kgrl

Keyboard Config Issues w/ Specific Games

Post by g33kgrl »

I apologize if these questions have been asked/answered previously on this board. I am new to using emulators and am frustrated because it seems like I can't find the answers I'm looking for.

So far, I have tried playing two different games using ZSNES: Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past and Super Mario Kart. In Zelda at the very beginning of the game when the player first obtains the sword and shield, both weapons seemingly disappear upon entry to the next level of the dungeon. I have my keyboard configurations set up for all of the appropriate buttons (Config - Input, Set Keys) and the buttons work when the sword and shield are first received. It seems that, upon entering the next level, both weapons are no longer there. I've gone through and re-set the key config and am still having this issue. Can anyone else relate? Is this a game issue, or a key config issue?

In Super Mario Kart, it's a simple of matter of my idiot brain not knowing how to make the kart move. I can get to the race itself, but I really have no idea how to accelerate. Again, I have gone through the key config several times to make sure that it is set up properly and am feeling really dumb that I'm having this problem.

I've only tried these two games, so I'm not sure if I will have similar problems with other games. I'm using only my keyboard as a controller, which is fine if I could figure out how to make it work. I am fully aware that these questions are more than likely frustratingly annoying to those of you who know what you're doing and I'm also aware of the fact that my idiocy in this situation is probably equally annoying. Again, I apologize for this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :(
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Keyboard Config Issues w/ Specific Games

Post by paulguy »

Paste the NSRT info for those ROMs, or failing that, the rominfo.txt output for those ROMs.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae