I am The Controller

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

TJ31324

I am The Controller

Post by TJ31324 »

So I am working with the XBox kinect software package offered by the University of Southern California to map gestures to keys. It is call FAAST for Flexible action and articulated skeleton toolkit. I have all of the gestures mapped correctly, but still no response from ZSNES. I assume it is not accepting input and I have seen other similar emulators fixed by enabling direct_input in the source. I not exactly sure how it all is handled, but I thought I might mention that in case it rang any bells. Thank You!
Last edited by TJ31324 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: I am The Controller

Post by badinsults »

Provided that Kinect acts like any other mapped controller, there shouldn't be any issue with zsnes. I don't really have any suggestions except to ask the people who made the drivers for the interface.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
TJ31324

Post by TJ31324 »

Here is the opinion of someone who integrated the Kinect with snes9x, "zsnes will not work because I think FAAST is passing Win32 key events (dosbox will also not work for that matter!)." If your interested in seeing the video just search Kinect Zelda on youtube. I guess I am going to give snes9x a try.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Can't it just be made in to a standard HID driver rather than trying to push events? That kind of thing never seemed to workk too universally in windows, and some games with cheat protection might bug out.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Standard HID driver must be signed, at least on 64 bit systems.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

gay
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

It's not as if code signing licenses are terribly expensive.