Hori's Wii Classic Gamecube-ish pad, is it any good?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

I_am_dumb
Hazed

Hori's Wii Classic Gamecube-ish pad, is it any good?

Post by I_am_dumb »

I've been seeing these on Ebay, and have been thinking of getting it... (to use with the Mayflash adapter of course) but I would like to know more about it before then, preferably from someone who already has on in their possession so they can give more hands on details.

I can't tell from the pictures, but it -appears- to have a larger dpad than the Gamecube controller it mimics. It also has YXBA buttons that are of a normal shape, rather than those differently shaped and wierdly spaced buttons. It has two Z triggers on either side (wondering if they are as stiff as the ones on the real deal or if Hori redesigned them to have more spring/pop) and the same analog L and R's. I wanna know how good everything feels tactile and comfort-wise, and how well it performs in both 3D games and regular 2D platformer games.

kode54
Zealot

Re: Hori's Wii Classic Gamecube-ish pad, is it any good?

Post by kode54 »

I love how the one in the top shot looks filthy, and like it's been sitting in direct sunlight for a few years.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I have no idea if that's any good, but if I were in the market for a Playstation-ish pad, I'd seriously consider it. Hori's stuff is usually pretty good, and the independent rapid-fire switches are a nice touch over the single mode button most modern turbo controllers use.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
I_am_dumb
Hazed

Post by I_am_dumb »

kode54 wrote:I love how the one in the top shot looks filthy, and like it's been sitting in direct sunlight for a few years.
All I did was search Google Images for the largest picture.
That happened to be the largest picture of it there was.