Using pc mouse in Eye of the Beholder

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

flayer6

Using pc mouse in Eye of the Beholder

Post by flayer6 »

I''m using v1.51 - when I click devices and choose mouse it doesn't allow me to use it in game. Furthermore, when I close the program and go back in, the setting is lost. Should I have input 1 set up a certain way? Is the mouse option in devices only for games that originally used a SNES mouse (Mario Paint, etc.) or can ZSNES use the mouse as an input for up/down/lt/rt? If so, how? Thank you.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Using pc mouse in Eye of the Beholder

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

flayer6 wrote:Is the mouse option in devices only for games that originally used a SNES mouse (Mario Paint, etc.)
Yes. And Eye of the Beholder is not such a game.
or can ZSNES use the mouse as an input for up/down/lt/rt?
Nope. If you want mouse input for Eye of the Beholder, you'll have to play a PC version.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Doppelheim

Post by Doppelheim »

According to the official game manual, Eye of the Beholder supports the SNES mouse. However, it does not really work in ZSNES (or SNES9X for that matter). I just tried it on SNES9X on my MacBook Air running Mountain Lion, and while the mouse cursor moves, but I can't get it to respond to a left or right click. In ZSNES, I can't move the cursor, but I can get it to return to the startup screen when it goes back to the logo screens/storyline video after idling with a left click, but the right click does not seem to work. In summation ZSNES: No cursor movement or right click, SNES9X: Mouse buttons don't work
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Probably another fancy timing custom irq poll. :/
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Doppelheim wrote:According to the official game manual, Eye of the Beholder supports the SNES mouse.
I'd've sworn Eye of the Beholder came out before Mario Paint. Oh well.
Gil Hamilton is an idiot. Film at eleven.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads