Keyboard not working?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MsHailstorm

Keyboard not working?

Post by MsHailstorm »

I just downloaded the ZSNES to my laptop. I used to use it on my old desktop and everything worked perfectly, and I never changed any of the configurations. Well now, whenever I try to play a game and use the Z and X buttons, it disables various layers of the background, even though I use the correct key assigned. And if I try to change the keys assigned to each button, instead of the letter I press showing up, it shows a random number. Can I get any help?
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Keyboard not working?

Post by paulguy »

Press num lock or fn lock.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
MsHailstorm

Post by MsHailstorm »

I believe I tried both of those options, if I'm correct. I tried both with num lock on and off, and I tried holding the Fn button when pressing the keys, both with the same result.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

My only suggestion is to remap those keys via Config->Misc. It shouldn't operate like that, but laptop keyboards tend to work a bit different than a standard keyboard.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...