PS3 sixaxis controller problem

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Yoshi91

PS3 sixaxis controller problem

Post by Yoshi91 »

Hello zsnes board! I have a strange problem with my sixaxis controller. When I access the "set up keys" feature and it prompts me to enter a command for "up" it registers. When I, however, try to map a button for "down" zsnes freezes. Also, when I try to configure the buttons manually by clicking on the functions I want to map the buttons to it results in me seeing "J09" in each slot I try. I am using Windows 7 and motioninjoy. The controller works fine for other emulators and the calibration test responds to my dpad and button presses (indicating that the controller is connected and synced with motioninjoy). My controller worked fine with zsnes when I had it on my old computer that had Vista. By the way, I have the lastest version of zsnes. I hope I have clearly laid out my problem and I will try to explain more thoroughly if needed. Note: I have seen some forum posts about ps3 sixaxis controller problems as well as the zsnes freezing but I have not seen one mentioning this particular problem. I tried to download snes9x but it gave me the d3dx9_38.dll is missing error and I just gave up. Thank you.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: PS3 sixaxis controller problem

Post by paulguy »

It sounds like the usual "zsnes is freaking out because all the buttons are axes" problem. Also, for you snes9x problem, there's this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

in DS3 Tool, set the mode to ps1 or ps2.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Yoshi91

Post by Yoshi91 »

Thanks paulguy.

To odditude: I thought I had set my controller to ps1 mode in ds3 tool already, but I'll check again to make sure.

I'm sorry if this post looks awkward. This is literally my first time posting in an online forum board and I don't quite know the best way to make responses to individual posts within a topic aside from what you're seeing.

Addendum: I did a google search for "zsnes and joystick axes" and found a thread which hit the nail on the head. I just needed to recalibrate the controller. It now works again. I'm sorry if I have caused anyone any grief while reading this. Anyway, thank you all again.