Can't get XBOX 360 controller to work

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Oli999

Can't get XBOX 360 controller to work

Post by Oli999 »

Just downloaded zsnes and can't get it to recognise an XBOX 360 controller. It's a wired controller plugged into a USB port. The light on the controller is on indicating it's connected and it definitely works because I use it for other games. Made sure it was plugged in before starting zsnes then select config,input,set keys, pressing buttons on the controller and nothing happens. Tried it in different USB ports and that doesn't make any difference. Tried it on PC and laptop and it won't work on either. I know that this has worked before because I has zsnes then re-installed windows and downloaded it again and now it doesn't work. Please anyone know how to fix this?
Dr4xx3n89
Rookie

Re: Can't get XBOX 360 controller to work

Post by Dr4xx3n89 »

Oli999 wrote:Just downloaded zsnes and can't get it to recognise an XBOX 360 controller. It's a wired controller plugged into a USB port. The light on the controller is on indicating it's connected and it definitely works because I use it for other games. Made sure it was plugged in before starting zsnes then select config,input,set keys, pressing buttons on the controller and nothing happens. Tried it in different USB ports and that doesn't make any difference. Tried it on PC and laptop and it won't work on either. I know that this has worked before because I has zsnes then re-installed windows and downloaded it again and now it doesn't work. Please anyone know how to fix this?

use xpadder
Dr4xx3n89 was here
Dr4xx3n89
Rookie

Post by Dr4xx3n89 »

Oli999 wrote:Just downloaded zsnes and can't get it to recognise an XBOX 360 controller. It's a wired controller plugged into a USB port. The light on the controller is on indicating it's connected and it definitely works because I use it for other games. Made sure it was plugged in before starting zsnes then select config,input,set keys, pressing buttons on the controller and nothing happens. Tried it in different USB ports and that doesn't make any difference. Tried it on PC and laptop and it won't work on either. I know that this has worked before because I has zsnes then re-installed windows and downloaded it again and now it doesn't work. Please anyone know how to fix this?
try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvbMx0mbB-0
Dr4xx3n89 was here
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Did you set the input #1 settings to "keyboard/gamepad"? If it still doesn't work after that, take Dr4xx3n89's advice. I'm using the exact same controller and that's all I had to do in addition to setting up the inputs like a SNES controller.