Zsnes L and R Button problem

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Edvy

Zsnes L and R Button problem

Post by Edvy »

So my zsnes was working properly then all of a sudden my L and R buttons stopped working so here is how I had it configured

L = A (keyboard)
R = S (keyboard)

Buttons that work

A = Z
B = X
X = C
Y = V

SO WHATS GOING ON!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Zsnes L and R Button problem

Post by odditude »

what was the last thing you did before those keys stopped working? have you tried reconfiguring the controller?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Edvy

Post by Edvy »

odditude wrote:what was the last thing you did before those keys stopped working? have you tried reconfiguring the controller?
Playing my tetris attack rom you also have to use L and R on that game too and it still works fine on there and everytime i change the configuration it does the same
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

On what game dont they work? If it's the chrono trigger L+R+A thing, you might need to set a key combo if your keyboard doesn't allow too many keys pressed.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Edvy

Post by Edvy »

paulguy wrote:On what game dont they work? If it's the chrono trigger L+R+A thing, you might need to set a key combo if your keyboard doesn't allow too many keys pressed.
Donkey kong country 2
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

you're likely running into a limitation of your keyboard. try mapping to different keys or invest in a gamepad.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.