Xbox 360 controller works with ZSNES but not with game

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

DisRuptive1

Xbox 360 controller works with ZSNES but not with game

Post by DisRuptive1 »

I'm trying to play Super Mario World. I set the in the Input menu and the program responds fine. However when I go to play the game, the game doesn't respond to any buttons on the controller.

UPDATE: Ok I fixed it by setting "Input #1" to the controller's inputs (it was set to the keyboard with Input 2 set to the controller). So I guess my new issue that the settings I set in "Input 2-5" don't work with the game.
kode54
Zealot

Re: Xbox 360 controller works with ZSNES but not with game

Post by kode54 »

Settings in inputs 2-5 only work if you set the inputs from None to Joypad/Keyboard or whatever the other option is and click Set.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

DisRuptive1 wrote:I'm trying to play Super Mario World. I set the in the Input menu and the program responds fine. However when I go to play the game, the game doesn't respond to any buttons on the controller.

UPDATE: Ok I fixed it by setting "Input #1" to the controller's inputs (it was set to the keyboard with Input 2 set to the controller). So I guess my new issue that the settings I set in "Input 2-5" don't work with the game.
Those aren't for alternate control mappings on a single player*.
They designate which SNES gamepad this mapping is for.

Input 1 is the player 1 controller.
Input 2 will be Luigi if you aren't passing the gamepad back and forth.

Inputs 3-5 will never do anything in Super Mario World, as it only supports two controllers.

*Notable exception: If the use P3/4 as P1/2 option is checked, Input 3 and 4 will work as secondary mappings for 1 and 2 instead of as multitap controllers.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Also note that several games that don't support the multitap will kindly ask you to disconnect any pads plugged in #3-5 before they do anything. Better leave those off unless you're hosting some neat local zbrawl.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54