Having Problems Playing Game

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

nunchuckalo

Having Problems Playing Game

Post by nunchuckalo »

Well I'm playing Final Fantasy 6, and I'm having a royal pain with this. I'm at the part where Sabin needs to input his Blitz Technique...But there's one problem. I can't seem to do it. It requires pressing < > < then A (or commonly known as X on my keyboard)...but after I press those buttons, it says in the game that the keys were wrong. Help! I noticed in Megaman X that the movement controls respond somewhat slow, so I was wondering...what's the dilly-o? Is there some way I can slow down the emulator so that the controls respond with the input? Can I change my controller configuration? No, I cannot get a gamepad as I am poor. Thanks...

-Nunchuckalo
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The SNES version of FFVI/FFIII requires to to input the Blitzes fast. I've never managed to pull off a Blitz without the aid of key combinations.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
nunchuckalo

Post by nunchuckalo »

Well yeah, I've tried the key combination but it doesn't seem to be working.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Agozer wrote:The SNES version of FFVI/FFIII requires to to input the Blitzes fast.
Really? I remember people saying that you could take your time. Naturally, your party would get slaughtered in the meantime.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Not a Gamer wrote:
Agozer wrote:The SNES version of FFVI/FFIII requires to to input the Blitzes fast.
Really? I remember people saying that you could take your time. Naturally, your party would get slaughtered in the meantime.
The inputs have a ridiculously small execution timeframes. Square fixed this in the PSX remake.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Agozer wrote:
Not a Gamer wrote:
The inputs have a ridiculously small execution timeframes. Square fixed this in the PSX remake.
I do from pummel to bumrush on my keyboard with no problems. :?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

Haha FFIII has a Lete River
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Agozer wrote:
Not a Gamer wrote:
I do from pummel to bumrush on my keyboard with no problems. :?

Maybe I just suck at pulling off those Blitzes. Although the last time I tried was on my old computer, and if anyone of you remember when I talked about that old piece of metal, you know it was slow too. Maybe that's why.

@Not a Gamer: Just think if Ted Woolsey would have made an honest mistake and wrote in Leet River.
Last edited by Agozer on Sun May 01, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nunchuckalo

Post by nunchuckalo »

Ah, I finally mastered the key combination thingamajigger. All better :D I've been playing all morning and I'm already at the part where Terra transformed into the Esper-Lookin' thing. I love this game! 8)
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Agozer wrote:@Not a Gamer: Just think if Ted Woolsey would have made an honest mistake and wrote in Leet River.
I would assume this is bad writing for Lethe...
Pronounced 'lete' in greek (theta letter).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

I played it 4 or 5 years ago on ZSNES, and always wondered why I could never pull off the Blitzes. Thanks for the info. :D
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I think the best way to get the keycombos working was to simulate a full button press, but space them out by at least 3 frames. Never really had a problem with FF6, but trying to get them to work with something like street fighter 2 was way different. (That and I never took the time.)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

SquareHead wrote:I think the best way to get the keycombos working was to simulate a full button press, but space them out by at least 3 frames. Never really had a problem with FF6, but trying to get them to work with something like street fighter 2 was way different. (That and I never took the time.)
I've always used 2 frames, and they work.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Yeah, I just jumped to three after tyring for a while with no frame delays, and getting that damned error message that spits out when you mess up on Sabin's blitz.