Randomly pulls right

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

<_<
Rookie

Randomly pulls right

Post by <_< »

I don't know if maybe ZSnes just hates Saitek controllers (P880 in this case) but I always seem to have some problem with the two. Right now the problem is that it randomly pulls to the right. I'd be playing F-Zero and just wham, veers off to the right and smacks into a wall for no reason, or sometimes pressing left won't do anything. I tried recalibrating it and nothing seems to have improved. Is there maybe a way to disable the joystick (just using the directional buttons)? I suspect this may be part of the problem.
It's-a me, Mario! Wait, no it's not.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

I have a Saitek P880 Dual Analaog m'self... ZSnes never gave me problems with it. My guess is your controller is busted. I'd check it in the Game Controllers Application in the Control Panel.
If you have the P880 Dual Analog, you can press the digital button and set your controls that way.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
<_<
Rookie

Post by <_< »

It's Dual Analog, yeah. I often think it's defective, but then find some software solution to the problem. (Updating the drivers fixed a lot of them, but not this one.) I do set the controls with the digital buttons, but the left joystick also ends up activating them.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I don't use the drivers for mine. Found it worked better without them.

And yah, ZSNES doesn't care if you set the directions with the d-pad or analog stick. It maps the analog stick out the same as the d-pad as a convenience to people that want to use analog axes for buttons.

First thing I'd do is go into the control panel and recalibrate the thumbsticks. It really sounds like your sticks are miscalibrated a little.
<_<
Rookie

Post by <_< »

That's what I did, it helped a bit but it still happens. It doesn't seem to be a calibration issue though. It just randomly pulls hard to the right.