Controller Trouble on a Laptop

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

WilliamNanashi

Controller Trouble on a Laptop

Post by WilliamNanashi »

It seems that I can set my imput to my key/joystick and set my keys but when I actually run a game none of the keys works. I tried a USB keyboard since the built-in laptop one doesnt work but it gave the same result. Anyone with an idea on how to fix this?
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Press the "7" key while in-game. See if it works. Something about "Mouse in posrt x" will come up. If that does not work, press "7" again and repeat. For me, Zsnes does not accept any input apart from when "Mouse in Port 2" is selected, so maybe you should keep on pressing 7 till it come up, or use trial and error.
Zsnes recognises the controller, so you are halfway there, at least.

One final thing, when you configured the keyboard, was it to INPUT#1?
WilliamNanashi

Post by WilliamNanashi »

thanks for the tip but unfortunatly it failed to work at all and to answer your quesiton i tried imputting 1,2,3,4,5 all together and invidually. This problem is also present in SNES9x emulator.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Did you click 'Set' after selecting Keyb/Joy?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
WilliamNanashi

Post by WilliamNanashi »

Yes, of course ahah and it sitll doesn't work.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Obvious Question:
Did you try moving your keyboard to another USB port on your laptop? You may have a bad/dead/etc port and/or USB root controller.
Also, make sure Windows finds your Root controller for USB.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
WilliamNanashi

Post by WilliamNanashi »

adventure_of_link wrote:Obvious Question:
Did you try moving your keyboard to another USB port on your laptop? You may have a bad/dead/etc port and/or USB root controller.
Also, make sure Windows finds your Root controller for USB.
Thanks for the input on that and I have tried switching my USB keyboard the different ports but still nothing and also the on-board keyboard doesn't work with the emulator. I am clueless at what to do.