Saitek P3000 Wireless GamePad issue... gets "forgotten&

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

HBCyBeR

Saitek P3000 Wireless GamePad issue... gets "forgotten&

Post by HBCyBeR »

Hello there!

I have a very weird problem with my Saitek P3000 Wireless gamepad. It actually works fine with ZSnes, but sometimes seems to get "forgotten" by the emulator; that is, the emulator just starts ignoring its input. I press the buttons but the game doesn't react (frustrating when it happens in the middle of a game!). To make it "remember" the gamepad again, I have to press ESC to bring up the GUI and then ESC again to go back to the game. From that point it's back to normal, the controls are responding! It's a matter of time before the pad gets "forgotten" again though (usually takes around 20 mins... sometimes an hour or more)...

It may be tempting to blame the pad or the fact that it's wireless and maybe not as reliable as a normal joypad, but the Saitek works perfectly fine and never gets "forgotten" by all my other emulators (Genesis, Nintendo, MAME, etc... with which I have played for hours straight) so it's really a problem with ZSnes only.

Anyone has the same problem? Do you have any suggestions?
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Really dumb question. Have you replaced your batteries recently? If not, what happens when you put in a fresh set?

What happens when you try another pad, either wired or wireless?

I'll get to why I asked that in a moment.

I had a wired controller that had a break somewhere in the cord. Every time it moved a certain way, ZSNES would forget the controller in a similar way. Mind you, it worked fine in most other emulators, but when I checked it out in the control panel, I noticed it was having trouble when I shifted its cord around.

It could be the way that zsnes uses input that could be your problem. Since its a wireless controller, it makes me wonder if sometimes the communication would be interrupted, causing zsnes to temporarily forget your controller.

But then again it could be that I'm just blowing hot air, so who knows?
HBCyBeR

Post by HBCyBeR »

The problem persists even if the batteries are fully loaded... and when I check under the Control Panel, Windows seems to be receiving every input correctly. It's weird that ZSnes "forgets" the controller, but it seems plausible that the wireless connection sometimes gets temporarily disconnected and screws ZSnes up...