Press 2+ keys at once <can it be done?>

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

amlz

Press 2+ keys at once <can it be done?>

Post by amlz »

I am playing Chrono Trigger, and I got to the part where you chase the rat in Arris Dome, and get the L+R+A key combo. I went back to the room with the two consoles, and pressed the key combo at the flashing console (corresponds to ,+.+o on mykeyboard) and nothing happens.

Is there some bug in ZSNES that prevents multiple keys from being pressed at the same time, or did I just screw something up?
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

this is addressed in the documentation.

No, the problem is your keyboard and your poor choice for keyboard keys.

To get past the problem, assign all the involved snes's buttons to one key on your keyboard.

In this case, assign all of L, R, and A to the spacebar. Get past the part, reassign those buttons like you had them before.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

If you assign some of the most used buttons to shift or ctrl (A, B or Y would be good) then not many games should really give you any trouble.

I'd say get a joypad though, ones that are suitable for SNES are dirt cheap these days and it'll be heaven after you've used a keyboard for so long. I speak from experience.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
amlz

Thank You!

Post by amlz »

Thanks you very much to both of you! My problem is resolved, and I am going to get a joypad soon (thanks for the tip!).

Thanks again!

-Aaron