XBOX360 controller works perfectly in ZSNES

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Don't double or triple post wait for a respond from someone. You have to have patience.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

I have not heard if the drivers support the wireless controller. I was always under the assumption that the cable only carries the trickle-charge voltage through USB. It would be an extra expense for MS to include a USB microcontroller on the PCB. I know that the receiver is built into the XBOX 360, so that's where the USB controller would be (unless Microsoft is nice enough to consider PC users). They don't sell a PC version of the wireless controller, so I think it's safe to assume that it will not work.

Also, if Microsoft decided not to conform to driverless HID standards, I'm pretty sure their wireless controller does not use a standard technology like Bluetooth.
dukeofwulf

Post by dukeofwulf »

Sorry, Mike. I had to post more information as I got it (and the additional info got me the answer), and I had to draw the line between editing and new posts somewhere. I'll keep in mind that edits are preferable for next time.

Thanks, Ichini-san. I didn't know that there had to be separate components to carry charge and signal, and they could come separately; I figured USB was USB, all the same. :( I guess it's back to the crappy controller for me. I won the 360 controller as a sweepstakes reward from a magazine, but don't have a 360 yet, so I was trying to find some use for it. Oh well, I guess I can wait til the price drops.
Thanks again.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

If Microsoft ever releases a PC-compatible wireless receiver, they'll probably hold off until Windows Vista is released.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

I like to double-post...because it bothers Mike ;)
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

dukeofwulf wrote:Sorry, Mike. I had to post more information as I got it (and the additional info got me the answer), and I had to draw the line between editing and new posts somewhere. I'll keep in mind that edits are preferable for next time.

Thanks, Ichini-san. I didn't know that there had to be separate components to carry charge and signal, and they could come separately; I figured USB was USB, all the same. :( I guess it's back to the crappy controller for me. I won the 360 controller as a sweepstakes reward from a magazine, but don't have a 360 yet, so I was trying to find some use for it. Oh well, I guess I can wait til the price drops.
Thanks again.

Ok but next time just edit your post.

Inchisan: I'm sure you do.
*Smash Champ*
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

ARGH STOP TRYING TO PSEUDO MOD YOU FAGGOT.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Magus` wrote:ARGH STOP TRYING TO PSEUDO MOD YOU FAGGOT.
I'm not. I just get annoyed.
*Smash Champ*
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

You aren't allowed to get annoyed.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Magus` wrote:You aren't allowed to get annoyed.
Well magus' it's too bad because I do. Get used to it. I'm like you stupidity gets me mad and annoyed.

Don't ruin the thread talk to through pm about it If you have anything else to say.
*Smash Champ*
dukeofwulf

Post by dukeofwulf »

HAHAHAHA! :lol: Mike, you aren't a mod, and you're bitching at me about double-posting? Get a life, for your own sake. You have added nothing productive to this interchange whatsoever. :roll: You aren't allowed to get annoyed by behavior in which you have no part. You tell Magus to not ruin the thread, but yet you yourself set the precedent by commenting on someone else's forum behavior without the proper authority, even more than he did.

Not to mention, he actually IS an admin. u dun bin punkd.

Come back when you have something worth saying.
dukeofwulf

Post by dukeofwulf »

Hm. Almost forgot to double-post.

I REALLY hope whoever deletes half this thread for being irrelevant at least saves it first.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

This has gone on long enough...

D:<
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

No wait, I want in on this too.

Whats
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.