A pixelized SNES controller... really?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

A pixelized SNES controller... really?

Post by adventure_of_link »

So as I was browsing Newegg to improve on my parts grocery list for my conversion (and to find gta 4 lol), I stumbled upon this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826422003

Is this any good, or weird, or just... wow. LOL
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Gonzo
Regular

Re: A pixelized SNES controller... really?

Post by Gonzo »

Well, that looks like the most uncomfortable controller I've ever seen. So from a purely function over form point of view it seems like a terrible idea.

Then again it does look kind of cool, so I guess it works from a form over function point of view. I suppose you could hang it on your wall or something, I just wouldn't use it as an actual controller.
Last edited by Gonzo on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Fuckin' POS isn't even pixelized RIGHT. Select and start exist blatantly outside the voxel grid.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

the controller looks as good as it feels.
huehuehue
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Fuckin' POS isn't even pixelized RIGHT. Select and start exist blatantly outside the voxel grid.
If an election were held in order to crown the king of the nerds, you'd be right in there :lol: I mean that in a good way because you know your shit.

On topic: Yeah that thing looks like a piece of shit and it's probably built about as well as one of those Playsega Saturn controller ripoffs. I felt ripped off by that piece of shit even though it only cost me like $7, shipping included. A real Saturn pad + an adapter is the only way to go unless you want a stick. $13 for that uncomfortable looking turd is absurd & I hope it doesn't sell worth a shit. Unfortunately, cheap "retro" controller ripoffs are huge these days.

I need some new SNES controllers for my actual console, and used SNES pads are usually the only way to go despite the risk. My only usable SNES controller atm(and it's busted up too) is one of those ascii turbo pads that're almost as good as the official SNES pads. I like how its buttons are colored like the SFC as opposed to the US SNES. I'd buy a used one of those too if I can find one in good shape.
ouija1979
Hazed

Post by ouija1979 »

I was looking around and I watched a YouTube video of a guy using it and he said it was pretty decent and comfortable. I just think for that price it isn't worh the risk at the moment, if they come down in price I might be tempted

Yuber Check the other thread I posted about my new SNES controller. The Retro-bit third party ones seem pretty decent if you are looking for one!
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Probably not getting any cheaper than $13. :p
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

ouija: I prefer wired controllers, but thanks for the info dude. I don't really need any controllers right now but if I can find a good WIRED SNES knockoff pad, it'd be a nice spare. I know slore is nuts, but that buffalo pad he posted about has very good Amazon ratings & it's only like $15. I'll have to research the buffalo SNES knockoff further, but I'm not big on wireless pads like the retro-bit. I only use wireless pads when wired pads aren't an option.